Wednesday, September 14, 2011

By the Time I Get to Phoenix


The title of this post may be a tad bit misleading. The lyrics from Glen Campbell's song by the same name don't share the reasons I'm saying this line tonight. In the song, he tells a tale about leaving his women. For me the opposite is true. Read on, you'll see what I'm talkin' about.
It has been an interesting couple of weeks for me. I left Wisconsin on August 31st. My destination was Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico. I have been traveling around New Mexico since I’ve been here, making it to Taos for a weeks worth of motorcycle riding as well as around the area to places like Hatch, for the 40th Annual Chile Festival, Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Las Cruces, (to buy a new pair of Ray Ban sunglasses since I stepped on my old ones).


Tomorrow, early morning, I leave here for Arizona, Phoenix to be exact. I will reunite with my best friend, soul mate, wife, mother of my children and lover who I affectionately refer to as Mrs. Spadoman. Her Sun Country Airlines flight is due to arrive at 4:15 PM.

As excited as I am about what has taken place down here so far, that is, selling my RV camper and renting a permanent casita, opening a local bank account, relaxing in the natural hot springs, riding my motorcycle, meeting new friends and eating way too much green chile, I am too excited about seeing the Missus for me to sleep!
I am all packed for the journey, the Ranger is full of gas, (petrol), and I’ve got my route planned and have driven it over and over in my head. 
Soon, I’m sure I’ll get back to doing some creative writing in hopes of chronicling various parts of my tumultuous life and entertaining the faithful wonderful souls that frequent this blog. Until then, I want to acknowledge the fact that I appreciate greatly those that stop by here to check in on my doings.
Chile rellenos smothered in chile verde

We’ll spend the night in Phoenix, (There will be a restaurant report when we decide which place we’re going to eat dinner, Lolo’s Chicken and Waffles or Bill Johnson’s Big Apple Restaurant), then head back to our new place in New Mexico and more relaxing time in the natural hot springs. (As well as more New Mexican Green Chile!)
Huevos Rancheros, again smothered in green
When I left, the weather in Wisconsin was still a bit steamy with daytime highs in the 90’s. Temperatures down here were well into the high 90’s and closing in 100. On Facebook, friends in the heartland have been giving reports of cold weather, people covering plants and garden vegetables for fear of heavy frost, and heavy winter clothing being dug out from the storage totes. The winds of change have started to turn with a vengeance up North.
I don’t fear the Winter’s cold and snow, but I do know it lasts a longer time than I want it to. And seeing as I am retired, we made the decision to have a place to escape to here in the Southwest.
Thanks to every one of my blog friends for being around and allowing me to share my daily happenings. I also very much appreciate the encouragement. 
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I think I’ll toss and turn for a couple of hours before I get up and start driving like a Knight going to save the damsel in distress. Maybe I’ll read those menus one more time and make an executive decision about a place to eat in Phoenix, because by the time I get there and greet my Little Honey, we'll both be powerful hungry.
Peace to all







5 comments:

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Wonderful post. I enjoyed reading about meeting up with Mrs S, about your meals, and your bolt-hole in the Southwest. Enjoy all.

Christopher said...

Happy travels. Journey's end in lovers' meetings, every wise man's son doth know.

(Yes, friends in Prescott once, but they've since moved to Kansas City. We still have acquaintances in Hornet Drive, Prescott, with whom we once had a very rewarding Schubertiad.)

Jeannie said...

Well, now I'll have to get my butt to the grocery store and find some green chili. I think maybe I should head to the Latino store by my daughter's place. What do you think?

And give Mrs. Spadoman a big hug from me too. We don't hear enough about her.

Mel said...

Awwwwww...you miss your honey!

Any way we can talk you into wearing a kilt for the meet and greet? ROFL

Okayokay...I'll be good!

You just enjoy the reunion.
And yup--light frost this morning. *shrugs* Happens this time of year.

The punkins are turning, the punkins are turning!!
See, even frost has the good points! (makes finding the punkins wayyyyy easier!)

Have some chili for us!
Ummm......that's after the meet and greet smooches! LOLOL

Mel said...

P.S. I'd gladly join ya for one of those breakfasts IF they have the option of coming on divided plates.

O
M
G